As a starter or as small appetizers, here is a refreshing starters that makes you feel the mediterranean breeze.
- 1 aubergine (preferably – Rosa Bianca type – others should work too)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly chopped
- Oregano, dried of freshly chopped
- Parsley, freshly chopped
- Dried Pepperoncini or a fresh red chili finely chopped.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Evenly slice the aubergine, and place in a colander in layers. For each layer, sprinkle with coarse salt and let it stand for 30 minutes to let the water out.
Finely chop garlic and herbs. Place in a bowl with olive oil.
Rinse out the salt of the eggplant slices and pat them dry. Grill them on both sides for 2-3 min until they are marked.
Spread the herb oil on the eggplant slices and let it stand in the fridge for 30 min to let the flavors meld.